3.06.2007

Single Life for Me

So, an interesting thing happened to me today. Alright, see, I have always been what one would call a hopeless romantic. I have always been a person that sought to find that one perfect woman and identify with her and... blah, blah, blah. Well, (and this would explain the blah-ing) I'm kind of over that now. Well, at least temporarily. See, I used to not be able to stand watching those cute little couples together because it makes me feel alone or whatever. Well, now I have been noticing that I see those same couples but I'm beginning to think the feeling I get is a little different now. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm happy for what those guys have found but really, I just find myself feeling... well... sorry for them. See, I just got out of a relationship a couple months ago and while I have been over the whole mopey stage for awhile now, I had yet to find the upside of being single and just wanted to find another girl to go out with again. Thing is, now that's the last thing I want, because all I see in those guys that have found someone right now is a ball and chain of sorts. I know it's a cliché to notice this type of thing but it's one thing to hear about it and another thing to experience it. I just don't find myself caring about the fairer sex right now... well, at least in that way. All I see now is someone that would try and control me and essentially ask me of stuff that I frankly can't see them deserving right now.

So, in closing, I am about to say something in a style that only those little cosmopolitan, drama queen, "Sex in the City is my inspiration" little chicks usually use. Nagging, self-righteous, control-freak, hypocritical women of the world, you can kiss my ass!!! Yeah, so despite what popular opinion may think, women and their almighty uteri (heh... uteri) do not hold power over all men. We get our "kiss our ass" movement too, and you all can shove it!!!

Ultimately, I think Henry Rollins expresses it best.

No comments: